How important are hunters for Washington’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Washington, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Washington will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Washington jobs.
$370 million spent annually.
- 219,000 people hunt in Washington each year.
- Of those hunters, 19,000 are from out of state.
- Washington hunters spend over $163 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in Washington spend over $156 million on hunting equipment.
- Each hunter spends an average of $1,600 a year in Washington.
- Hunter spending translates to nearly $211 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in Washington supports 5,600 Washington jobs.
- Hunters generate nearly $40 million in state and local taxes.
$614 million ripple effect.